Follow along with the sermon!
Worship is my expression and belief of God’s Worth-ship in my life.
· Cost to raise a child to age 18: $233,610. (U.S. Dept, of Agriculture)
· Average Credit card balance: $16,601
· Average student loan: just under $29,000
· Average car loan: more than $30,000 (avg, monthly payment past $500 mark)
· Half of American families live paycheck to paycheck.
· Ninety percent of marriages that fall apart say money was a primary factor in that relationship growing apart.
If you would, picture in your mind, whatever represents your financial life. It might be your wallet. It might be your purse, your checkbook. Imagine holding that item in your hand. Would it be too strong for me to say, in our culture that thing you are picturing in your mind’s eye has become an idol and is what many of our homes are focused on?
Proverbs 4:23 Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.
Lamentations 3:40 Let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the Lord.
1 Corinthians 11:28 A man ought to examine himself before he eats of the bread and drinks of the cup.
2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test?
We will never understand our outer actions apart from first recognizing our inner conditions.
Philippians 4:11 I am not saying this (Paul has said he is happy this church has expressed concern) because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.
Philippians 4:12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.
Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
80/10/10. Make sure your lifestyle is 80% and then save 10% and give 10%